Tuesday, March 26, 2013

X-Pole Presents - Michigan Dance & Air Festival




This past weekend I had a blast spending time with my pole peeps at The Michigan Dance & Air festival.

The workshops were great, the showcase and competition were amazing, and I met some wonderful people involved in the pole community.

Seriously BRAV-FRICKIN -O to those of you who put on this event and made it fab. Miss Charley Crystal  you are awesome.

The classes I chose to take were with Karol and David. Originally the workshops I signed up to take with Karol were supposed to be with Leigh Ann Reilly. She was unable to attend for whatever reason so Karol stepped in/was asked to fill in for her. 


Karol Helms is dear to me because she, Leigh Ann, Alethea, and Felix are the ones who got me inspired to start pole. You Tube videos were/are my secret obsession and have been since 2007. It wasn't till 2011 that I actually took a class, but by that point I was already well aware of the typical pole lingo and list of pros.

I personally learn most from watching, and if it wasn't for these ladies posting their accomplishments, fails, and tutorials I would not have found such a powerful form of expression. So I just wanted to say (If any of these women read this blog by some chance).... Thank You. Thank you for not giving a shit about what others thought at the time and posting the videos to share with the world.

I can now proudly say up to this point in my pole career, I have had the chance to take classes with....
(click on the name and it will take you to their page and or bio)


Hes so flexy it blows my mind.
Also, this is my first pic with a pole pro that doesn't make me look like a damn giant.


check out the video below I took of his awesomeness in Michigan.


Still Miss Sexy to me.




This one below is from Midwest 2012.  I have an Issue asking people for pics with me because I feel like its  gotta be annoying to somebody that gets asked that question all the time. I forgot to ask her for a pic  in Michigan but Im sure Ill see her again at Midwest.


Heres the video I took of her fierce little self in  Michigan.



Estee Zakar
Her abs are insane just like her warm-ups. Took this workshop with her at the Great Midwest Pole Dance Comp/Convention last year.

Owner of the new Chrome Bar in Tennessee.

I feel like I know these people even before I meet them being that I have been taking lessons from their videos for so long. So It makes it super hard when you actually meet them in real life to know that they have no clue who the hell you are. I can say "I watch your videos!" or something along those lines. I feel like that statement could translate to them as " im a creepy stalker". So just know im not...or am I. MUAHHH HA HA HA.

Someday I hope to have somebody come up to me and say the same.I wont stop trying until I get there. One year down many to go.

Heres a few  pics /videos from the past weekend.

This was sick!



Thank you David for helping me clean up my lines!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Bad Kitty Brazil Pole Fit shorts.
I take donations size Medium please...lol


My most recent pole inspiration 
This Petite ball of fire can do some amazing things with a cube.

She is STUNING. Check out her blog !



She was put on the spot to demonstrate how to do a booty pop. NAILED IT!


My friends from Indiana along with our modern day burlesque queen.
Please notice Teresa's got Michelle's bra strap in her mouth......love these ladies.


Charley,myself ,and the one and only Joel Lessig


aka: Caelma Duffy
This brought me to tears.
Gorgeous and powerful




Needless to say after taking those workshops I mentioned earlier my body now looks like it was attacked by a pack of angry wolves . that just so happened to be carrying baseball bats.

My next adventure will be at the Venus Pole Festival in Merrillville Indiana April 27th and 28th.
Nadia,Aerial Amy ,and Kelly Yvonne will be offering workshops! YEAHHHH!

Here is the Link. See you there!












No comments:

Post a Comment