Wednesday, July 4, 2012

About me

Hello and welcome to my blog! 
I suppose Ill start off by giving you a little info about myself. My name is Lindsay and I currently live in Northwest Indiana with my husband. Currently we are  living in my mothers basement because we enjoy being  free loaders are currently building a house.I will be posting updates as we go along.
This is my husband Steve and I on our wedding day June 18th 2010. Sad to say but my husband hates looking at himself in these photos. He has lost 35 pounds since then and is still loosing more every week.If I had his determination Id be down about 10 pounds  but.... pizza is sexy my weakness.

I have 3 hobbies and passions in my life that will explain the title of my blog.
#1 Pole Fitness. No not taking clothes off and getting dollar bills. I'm talking about aerial art. Fitness orientated dance with a prop is how I think of it. Instead of a ball, ribbon or bars its a pole. Im lucky to have a supportive family and husband that understand that It requires alot of practice and time away. Whos husband wouldn't love it? I have tried crossfit, the gym, Yoga etc.. and ladies this by far is the most fun and rewarding form of fitness I have ever tired. The pole community is huge!
 More to come on this topic..
I go to Studio Venus in Merrillville Indiana

#2 Barrel racing is a timed Rodeo event. I have been racing for 17 years along with my mom.

#3 USPSA shooting is something my husband got me into. He is AWESOME! We have alot of fun doing this together and  there is never a dull moment.


All 3 of these things that I enjoy  sometimes result in bruises, sweat, blood, nail breakage, and burns.
I wear these injuries as badges of honor. To me they are gold metals for hard work and a reminder that not everything in life is easy and sacrifices need to be made in order to better yourself. These sacrifices can be time away from family, bruises, more or less hours at work, ugly nails, or just loosing some sleep at night .
 To me its worth it.
“All growth depends upon activity. There is no development physically or intellectually without effort,and effort means work.”

This blog will include crafts, photos, DIY projects and updates on my life and hobbies.I will update weekly at least. Get ready for the next post about how to fix up your chrome dancing workout shoes.






No comments:

Post a Comment